Monday, December 1, 2014

A True Story About Changing The World: Margaret Becker

I interviewed my Mom about how she changes the world every day. My Mom, Margaret Becker, a legal aid lawyer who is currently working on the recovery from hurricane sandy.


Joseph Petrini: How do you change the world everyday?


Margaret Becker: I don’t change the world. Everyday.


Joseph Petrini: How do you change the world in general?


Margaret Becker: I change the world in general by caring about everybody. Thats how you change the world. You decide everybody matters, that everybodys important, just as important. And thats how you change the world.


Joseph Petrini: How does changing the world everyday affect you?


Margaret Becker: It makes me feel like my life is worthwhile. And also, its really rewarding. People appreciate it and they tell you that what you did was important to them and made things better for them and that makes you feel good about yourself.




A True Story About Margaret Becker Changing The World
A true story about my mother changing the world is how she cares about everyone of her clients and personally helps solve their problems.  Everyday clients in disastrous situations come in to talk to her and her colleagues to fix their problems. I went to a benefit event to commemorate the one year anniversary of hurricane sandy with my mom. At the event I met some of her clients and the first thing all of them said was what an amazing thing my mom was doing and how much she was changing their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment