Monday, December 1, 2014

Interview With Ramona Petrini

To ask the question what are the just and unjust parts of the world I turned to my sister, Ramona Petrini.


Joseph Petrini: What do you think is just and unjust about the world?


Ramona Petrini: What I think  is good about the world is that there are people and plants and animals and all kinds of cool phenomena. Its a small rich place. A small place in a huge esoteric universe, its got a cool paradox thing going. I can’t truly explain what I feel is good about the world.


Joseph Petrini: Specifically socially, what do you think is good or just about the world?


Ramona Petrini: Well socially I like that there is love that exists. Thats good. I like about the world the most is that it exists and that there are people in it that love one another.


Joseph Petrini: What do you think is unjust in the world?


Ramona Petrini: A million and six things.


Joseph Petrini: What about the biggest issues?


Ramona Petrini: Most of our biggest political and social systems are built off of centuries of oppression. Oppression of color, oppression of poor people, oppression of any person that is not on the side of the oppressor. I  am saying that opression plays a huge part in how we build governments and in society. And those pain that come with being oppressed never goes away. Thats a huge problem with the world. And its a problem that we fight, war is a problem. And its a problem that we’re killing the world. That at this point there is very little we can do to reverse climate change if anything at all. We have this planet and this universe that is indifferent to us and we’re like, “ oh lets just trash this planet.” I think those are my issues with the world in a nutshell.


My Response to Ramona Petrini’s Issues

I agree with everything that my sister said about our planet. I think definitely one of the biggest and most pressing issues in our world is what we can do about climate change. It is so disturbing to think about how climate change has progressed to the point where there is no feasible way to completely stop it from destroying it the earth. I also agree that the fact that we fight is one of the biggest issues throughout history and for the future as well. Countries like Switzerland, Sweden, and Iceland who have never had large military presence and have some of the best economies and best education systems, should serve as models for the rest of the world on how you can live in a prosperous nation and not be immensely active in a militaristic way.

No comments:

Post a Comment